All-in-one Transponder Solution for ADS-B “Out” and “In”
- 1090 MHz ADS-B “Out” enables aircraft to operate at any altitude, in airspace around the globe
- Combines Mode S Extended Squitter (ES) transponder and optional WAAS/GPS position source in a single unit
- Provides access to dual-link ADS-B “In” traffic and subscription-free weather on compatible displays
- Wirelessly stream weather, traffic, GPS position and backup attitude² via Connext® link to Garmin Pilot™ and ForeFlight Mobile apps as well as the aera® 795/796 portables
- Easy replacement for your existing transponder, with common 1.65-inch tall form factor
Your Transition to NextGen Made Simple
The IFR-certified GTX 345 looks and operates like a standard Mode S transponder. It fits in the same 1.65-inch high slot in your avionics stack. It boasts a bright, sunlight-readable digital display, a pressure altitude readout, handy timers for approaches and other operations, plus dedicated pushbuttons numbered 0-9 for quick and easy squawk code entry. But where other transponders leave off, the GTX 345 is just getting started. The addition of 1090 MHz ADS-B “Out” transmission capability (using precise GPS-referenced positioning information) enables the transponder to automatically output the more accurate, more dynamic traffic surveillance data that the NextGen airspace system requires. Plus, available ADS-B “In” reception unlocks even more capabilities for pilots, enabling them to display ADS-B traffic, weather and more on a variety of installed or portable displays.
Your WAAS, Your Way
The extra-precise GPS position reference needed to meet the traffic monitoring requirements of ADS-B can be provided either by the WAAS/SBAS-compliant navigation system that you may already have in your panel — or by an optional built-in GPS position source available with your GTX 345 transponder. However your aircraft is currently equipped, the Garmin GTX 345 series offers a simple, minimally intrusive ADS-B solution to meet your needs. For even more flexibility, optional remote mount GTX versions are available for compatibility with the GTN™ 750/650 series of GPS/Comm/Nav systems, as well as select Garmin G1000® integrated flight deck systems — all of which provide built-in remote transponder code selection and control.
Dual-link Completes the Picture
The GTX 345 ADS-B receiver is a dual-link system. So, it can receive on both frequencies (978 MHz and 1090 MHz) authorized for ADS-B operations in the U.S. Not only does this provide the most complete traffic picture from aircraft transmitting on either frequency, but it also enhances your aircraft’s ability to access ADS-B transmissions and services from virtually anywhere. When integrating an active traffic system with the GTX 345, ADS-B traffic and active traffic targets are merged on the display to give pilots a truly comprehensive traffic picture.
Alerting and Altitude Encoding Made Simple
For added situational awareness, the GTX 345 incorporates a built-in audio output for audible traffic and altitude alerts¹, which can be integrated into your existing audio panel. You can also pair the GTX series with an optional Garmin altitude encoder to satisfy data transmission requirements for IFR. As opposed to other transponders with altitude encoding built in, the Garmin altitude encoder mounts separately on the install rack. So, should the transponder ever require removal, there’s no need for the static line to be disconnected. Which, in turn, eliminates the need for a follow-on leak check — and thus helps minimize ongoing service costs.
An easier path to NextGen
The Garmin GTX 345 series is FAA and EASA approved for installation on hundreds of today’s most popular aircraft makes and models. For decades, Garmin has led in the development and deployment of ADS-B technology. And when you compare all the options available, it’s clear that Garmin is committed to making your transition to ADS-B operations as simple, economical and worry-free as possible.
- Part Number
- GTX™ 345 - With GPS
- product detail
- Physical & Performance Physical dimensions (unit, rack, connectors); for panel mounts, depth is measured from face of instrument panel): 1.65” x 6.30” x 10.07” (42 x 160 x 256 mm) Display type: Digital Weight (unit, rack, connectors): 3.1/3.2 lbs (1.41/1.45 kg) Voltage range: 14/28 VDC (18/20 W Max) Transmit power: 200 W minimum Temperature: -40° C to +70° C Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft (16,800 m) Cooling input: Not required Environmental compliance (TSO Approved): DO-160G Software compliance (TSO Approved): DO-178 Levels B, C, D, E Hardware compliance (TSO Approved): DO-254 Level C TSO compliance (Approved): TSO-C88b (w/opt. alt. encoder; TSO-C112e (Class 1, Level 2els; TSO-C154c (Class A1S); TSO-C157a (Class 1); TSO-C166b (Class A1S); TSO-C195a (Class C1,C2,C3,C4) Mount type: Panel Transponder type: Mode A/C, S and ES Squawk code selection: Push-button Traffic Information Services (TIS) alerts compatible: Yes Transponder Features Solid state transmitter (more efficient, longer life): YesAural alerts: YesTotal Air Temperature (TAT): YesPressure altitude readout: YesAltitude monitor function: YesDensity altitude readout: YesBuilt-in timers: YesAutomatic ALT/GND mode: YesWireless connectivity to portable device using Garmin Pilot, ForeFlight or compatible Garmin portable: YesSubscription-free weather and traffic: YesInternal AHRS (non-certified): Yes1090 MHz ADS-B Out: YesDual-link 1090MHz and 978MHz UAT ADS-B In: YesBuilt in GPS/WAAS receiver: OptionalDisplays on G500/G600, GTN 650/750, GNS 430W/530W, and others: YesPressure altitude encoder module (mounts to connector backplate): OptionalTAS/TCAS traffic integration with ADS-B In: Yes _______________________________________________________________________________________________________ COMPATIBILITY GTX™ 345 Support for G1000® Aircraft Display of GTX 345 Traffic Requires SW: GDU v7.10 & GIA 63 v5.31 (and later)Display of GTX 345 Weather Requires SW: GDU v12.00 & GIA 63 v6.20 (and later) Aircraft NON-WAAS G1000 Supported WAAS G1000 Supported Traffic FIS-B Weather Cessna 350/400 Yes Yes Yes Yes Cessna 172R/172S Yes Yes Yes Yes Cessna 182S/182T/T182T Yes Yes Yes Yes Cessna 206H/T206H Yes Yes Yes Yes Cessna 208/208B N/A Yes Yes Yes Costruzioni Tecnam P2006T N/A Yes Yes Select Systems Diamond DA-40/DA-40F Yes Yes Yes Select Systems Diamond DA-40NG Yes Yes Yes No Diamond DA-40D N/A Yes Yes Yes Diamond DA-42 Yes Yes Yes No Diamond DA-42NG Yes Yes Yes Select Systems Diamond DA-42 L360 Yes Yes Yes Select Systems Hawker Beechcraft 58/58G Yes Yes Yes No Hawker Beechcraft A36/G36 Yes Yes Yes No Mooney M20TN/M20R/M20M Yes Yes Yes Select Systems Piper PA-28 Archer N/A Yes Yes Yes Piper PA-34 Seneca N/A Yes Yes Yes Piper PA-44 Seminole N/A Yes Yes Yes Piper PA-46 Matrix/Mirage/Meridian N/A Yes Yes Select Systems Socata TBM 700 N/A Yes Yes Yes Socata TBM 850/900 N/A Yes Yes Select Systems VulcanairP 68, P 68B, P 68C, P 68C-TCAP68TP300 "Spartacus"AP68TP 600 "Aviator" N/A Yes Yes Yes Other requirements may apply. See a Garmin Authorized Dealer for details. GTX™ 345 Display Compatibility DISPLAY ADS-B & TIS-B Traffic FIS-B Products Remote Transponder Control TargetTrend™ TerminalTraffic™ G500/G600 60 targets¹ Regional NEXRAD, CONUS NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, PIREPs, Winds/Temps Aloft, NOTAMs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, TFRs No Yes Yes GTN Series 60 targets¹ Regional NEXRAD, CONUS NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, PIREPs, Winds/Temperatures Aloft, NOTAMs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, TFRs Yes Yes Yes G1000® 30 targets (Ver 7.10 and later) Regional NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs(Ver 12.00 and later?) Yes No No GNS WAAS Series 8 targets²³ Regional NEXRAD, CONUS NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs No No No Output for GMX 200/MX20 Up to 60 targets¹ Regional NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs No No No Output for 3rd Party Displays Up to 60 targets¹ are sent to the 3rd Party display. Refer to 3rd Party documentation for description of traffic display function. FIS-B data is sent to the 3rd Party display. Refer to 3rd Party documentation for description of FIS-B display function. No No No ¹Up to 30 airborne and 30 ground traffic targets²Only airborne targets³TIS-A Symbology?Versions 13.00 – 13.07 do not include METARs Supported Hardware This access point can successfully connect to these devices in these configurations: iPhone®/iPad® iPhone 5 and newer iPad 3 and newer iPad Air and newer iPad Mini with Retina and newer Android™ Garmin Pilot™ version 4.1 and above, running on these devices with Android 4.4 (KitKat) and above: Google Nexus devices Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Samsung Galaxy S5 Samsung Galaxy S4 aera 796/795 System software version 4.90 and above Supported Configurations Up to 2 wirelessly connected Android, Apple or Garmin devices. Supported Apps Garmin Pilot version 7.1 and above running on all the supported devices above with versions 8.1 and above. ForeFlight Mobile version 7.3 and above running on the iPhone/iPad supported devices above with versions 8.1 and above. Feature Compatibilities aera 796/795 Garmin Pilot ForeFlight Mobile VIRB® XE ADS-B Weather X X X ADS-B Traffic X* X* X Attitude (AHRS) X X X X GPS X X X