Introducing ActiveCaptain, a free all-in-one mobile app for mariners that delivers a seamless content management system with unlimited access to cartography, automatic delivery of the latest software available, off-vessel planning capabilities, connected services and so much more in one simple, yet powerful application.
ActiveCaptain blends features our customers know and love from our existing apps – Garmin Helm and BlueChart Mobile – and adds enhanced connectivity, community and planning functionality for the ultimate connected boat ecosystem. Staying connected on and off the water is important to our customers, so we’re excited to deliver a one-app approach that’ll keep them connected to their Garmin electronics, cartography and the marine community.
Whether out on the water or planning the next trip, mariners can utilize the ActiveCaptain app as a one-stop-shop to manage their experiences from nearly anywhere, including:
- OneChart – Access, update and purchase maps and charts from the OneChart storefront from a mobile device at any time.
- Smart Notifications – Stay connected to the world with calls, text messages and more shown on the chartplotter display while the phone is stowed away, safe and dry.
- ActiveCaptain Community – See what others are saying with access to up-to-date-feedback from the boating community feedback on marinas, reported hazards and other POIs in the area.
- Planning – Make, save and transfer routes and waypoints between the app and the chartplotter with zero button presses.
- Mobile Quickdraw Community – Easily upload and download of the latest community-made Quickdraw Contours chart and map content.
- Sync User Data – Automatically synchronize marked waypoints and routes between the app and chartplotter.
- Over-the-Air Software Updates – Once the app is paired with the chartplotter, notifications and update details combined with seamless delivery eliminate the need to transport updates from desktops via an SD card.
- View and Control – View and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere on the boat.