Starting March 8th, existing Chronos users will be getting new software pushed to their device with an improved UI and the same new features in the fēnix 5 for training status, training load, recovery time, and updated fonts.
This new update gives fēnix Chronos more sophisticated training features to help monitor your form and performance. Enhanced readouts for Training Status and Training Effect show aerobic and anaerobic benefits of your workout – so you can see how your workouts are paying off and even compare results with your peers. The VO2 max estimator crunches data, including your running speed, heart beats per minute and heart rate variability, to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor that estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
With Garmin Express, the update process is simple:
- Download Garmin Express to your Windows or Mac computer.
- Connect your fēnix Chronos to your computer using USB cable.
- Open Garmin Express and click the “Updates” tab to view available updates for your device.
- You can install all updates with a single click.
You can also use the Garmin Connect Mobile app to update your Chronos.
- You must have a Garmin Connect account, and you must pair the device with a compatible smartphone.
- Synchronize your device with the Garmin Connect Mobile app. When new software is available, your device alerts you to update the software.
With a refined and luxurious design, fēnix Chronos can seamlessly transition from a day on the trail or intense training session to a black tie event. Whether hiking, hunting, geocaching, or golfing, our series of fēnix GPS watches are becoming essential tools for outdoor enthusiasts of all levels.